Top Ten Tuesday: Books that intimidate me
brought to you by: the broke and the bookish
1. 11/22/63 by Steven King: This book is huge and everytime I start it I just can't get into it. But the reviews from my friends have been so good. I even bought it on my kindle so I didn't have to hold the book up.
2. Death Comes to Pemberley by P.D. James: I love Pride and Prejudice but i'm just not sure I can read this one. I just don't want it ruining one of my favorite books.
3. Dead Tossed Waves by Carrie Ryan: The first book in this series scared the crap out of me, and I'm not sure why. I am a huge fan of Dean Koontz and his books haven't ever freaked me out. But I had nightmares of a girl in a red shirt chasing me for weeks after I read The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I really want to finish the series so I need to get over my fear and read on.
4. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rawlings: I'm not sure why I don't read these. Maybe its because I felt the movies were good so why read the books. I loved Percy Jackson and Fable Haven so I'm sure I would love Harry Potter but I just don't have any inkling to get there. When my son is older I guess I could read them to him???
5. Cinder by Marissa Meyer: I have had really good intentions of reading this and I just haven't yet. Cyborgs huh? My niece insists it isn't bad but who knows maybe I'll end up liking it.
The books that are just daunting:
1. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
2. The Count of Monte Cristo (unabridged) by Alexandre Dumas
3. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare
4. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The one book I just refuse to read
5. Huckleberry Finn