I'm not the best writer out of the three of us that post on this blog. So this is my cheat way to say what books I like without having to write a long review.
Favorite Fairy Tale retellings:
- Beauty: A Retelling of the Story Beauty and the Beast by Robin McKinley. My sister recommended this book to me and I loved it. I've reread it many times. Rating 5 foxes
- Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George. This book is a retelling of the story of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. Galen, the hero of this book, is one of my favorite male characters. I love Jessica Day George books but this is my favorite. Rating 5 foxes
- The Fairest Beauty by Melanie Dickerson. A Snow White inspired novel. I don't want to give anything away so I'll just say I found this to be a wonderful retelling. Rating 4 foxes
- Enchanted by Althea Kontis. Based on the Princess and the Frog with a bunch of other fairy tales mixed in. It was a good book but a little confusing at times with so many characters. I enjoyed it but I did find myself rereading paragraphs to try and make sense of things. Rating 3 1/2 foxes.
- Entwined by Heather Dixon. Another retelling of the Twelve Dancing Princesses. I loved this book. I have a hard time comparing this to Jessica Day George's because they both do a great job in different ways. George's is a better romance but I loved the family relationships in Dixon's version. I hope the author comes out with another book soon. Rating 4 foxes.
- Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. This is a wonderful very well written book. I read this to my daughters and they loved it too. I highly recommend it to anyone that loves reading fairy tales. Rating 5 foxes.