Friday, June 21, 2013

Emily's Review: Lament

Lament: by Maggie Stiefvater..  I had picked this book up at a used book store as a second thought.  The cover of the book wasn't very appealing, but I like books about faeries and decided to give this a try.  It was late at night and I couldn't sleep, so I cracked this book open and began to read.  I was instantly taken in by this book.  The night kept creeping in, and I kept reading.  By three thirty in the morning I closed the book and was done.  And it was the first time in a long while, that I didn't want a story to end. I wanted this author to keep writing about the main characters, Deirdre and her mysterious love, Luke.  I wanted to know where their story would end up.  I wasn't nearly satisfied with the ending.  Although it was fabulous and I understood why it ended the way it had..I just wanted more!  

The basis of this book?  Deirdre is a musical prodigy and while practicing for a concert, she meets a strange and handsome boy named Luke.  He introduces her to a strange world that has always been around her, but that she has been unaware of until now.  He is also a faerie assassin  and he has a secret.  Will this secret keep Deirdre from the boy she has grown to love?  Or bring them together?  

I loved this book. And would recommend it to anyone who liked Wondrous Strange or the Iron King.  Enjoy.
 (From my understanding, there is a second book, but the author chose a secondary character as the main character in that book.  I can't say if I'm happy about that or not. We shall see, we shall see.) 
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment