Sunday, June 2, 2013

Sunday Special: Orphan Train

Sunday Special: Orphan Train
By Christina Baker Kline

Camille's Take:
Orphan Train is about a story of two orphans and how they share their story with each other. One orphan is Vivian a 90 years old  and the other is Molly a young 17 years old girl.
This book caught me by surprise. At times I was unsure but by the time I come to the end I fell in love with the story. I enjoyed Vivian's retelling more than Molly's. I give this book 4 out of 5 foxes. Movie rating would be borderline PG 13-R because of language and a small amount of sexual content. Over all a dramatic read with a good ending.




Jeni's Take: 
This story is about  two people; Vivian, an older women and Mollie, a girl in foster care. Mollie is sentenced to do community service to make up for trying to steal something. Her service is to assist Vivian in cleaning out her attic.  I loved Vivian's story. I found I really didn't care for Mollie's. I would skim past all the Mollie parts just to get back to Vivian's. I really liked the idea of the book but I wish that this book just focused on Vivian. Rating 3 out of 5 foxes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment