Monday, May 27, 2013

Movie-Moment Monday: Night

Movie-Moment Monday: Night
By Elie Wiesel
My Foxy Summary:  Night is a real story about Elie Wiesel when he was a 15 year old boy during World War II. This is centered on his experience of being a Jewish prisoner in the Holocaust; from  being captured to his freedom.

My Foxy Book Review: I loved this book. It haunts you to your core. I was shocked that humans could treat others inhumanly, because of a difference of belief. Even though this is a short read, I promise your heart will ache with sorrow for Elie's story. His retelling is beautiful. This is one of my top 5 favorites. Definitely put this on your must read list.
My Foxy Rating: 5 out of 5 foxes.

My movie rating: PG-13/R, because of the graphic nature of what he went through.

Book VS Movie:
Even though this wasn't a movie, it was on Opra's talk show. She had done a personal interview with Elie Wiesel at Auscwitz death camp. The interview isn't for the faint of heart, but it will change your life. I loved both the book and the interview. I will forever be grateful for the blessings I have been given: my freedom and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment