Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

TOP TEN TUESDAY: THINGS TO READ WHEN YOU NEED SOMETHING LIGHT AND FUN.

brought to you by: The Broke and the Bookish

Jeni's Picks:
1. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:  The first time I read this book I read it in one sitting. It was a fun fast easy read. A little cheesy at times but definitely a light read.

2. Snow in April by Rosamunde Pilcher.  My grandma is the person that got me to love reading. She always recommended books and I loved them all. Rosamunde Pilcher is on of my favorite authors that my grandma introduced me too. I reread all of her books every year.  Snow in April is my favorite of the bunch but Sleeping Tiger and September are close runner ups. 

3. Edenbrooke by Julianne Donaldson: I love this book. It is a light easy make you feel good kind of read. If you love Regency romance you would most likely love this. 

4. Drops of Gold by Sarah M Eden:  I think this author gets better with each book. I first read The Kiss of a Stranger and loved it. I read Friends and Foes next and I loved that more but Drops of Gold has become my new favorite. 

5. The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen. This is one my favorite books from 2012. It is a little bit more serious but it  has a little bit of everything comedy, suspense and adventure. The second book The Runaway King is an entertaining read too. I highly recommend reading them both.

Emily's Picks:

6. Sleeping Tiger by Rosamunde Pilcher. I love Ms. Pilcher.  Every year I dig out her books and read them all over again.  this one is on the top of my list of re-reads.  It's a funny book, and I love the story.  It's a light, quick read.  You could read this in  a couple of hours.  (and I agree with Jeni, Snow In April is one of my favorites.)

7. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.  I fist watched the movie and thought it was quirky, so I thought, why not give the book a try?  Okay, loved the book even better.  And I will never understand why Hollywood feels the need to change books so much!  I loved the story so much.  This is a younger read, but I liked it.  And it's an original fairy tale, so you have to love that.

8.  Under Gemini by Rosamunde Pilcher:  I know, I know.  Another one from this wonderful lady.  But seriously.  I can't help it.  This is the first book I read that I laughed out loud.  Mainly  because I could picture this one scene in the book so vividly.  This is the book that made me want to visit Scotland.  And you really can't go wrong with Ms. Pilcher. 

9. One for the Money by Janet Evanovich: okay, so this book is a light read, and it's funny.  Hello, the Grandma is the funniest character on the planet.  I thought this book was hilarious  in a lot of parts.  And it kept me entertained through out.  

10. The Camelot Caper by Elizabeth Peters/Barbara Michaels: Elizabeth Peters writes about archaeology and mystery and love.  Three things that interest me and she does it in such a way that is charming and humorous. I thought this book was a fun read and was fraught with high adventure while not taking itself seriously.  

4 comments:

  1. Anna and the French Kiss seems to be coming up on a lot of people's lists today. Some great picks on your list this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like some fun titles, I see a few I would like to read. kelley—the road goes ever ever on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great lists! I love Rosamunde Pilcher and Snow in April and Sleeping Tiger are two of my favorites. And I fell in love with Edenbrooke last year; it's such a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for stopping by, I can't believe you've met Brandon Mull. I love his books.

    ReplyDelete