Monday, May 13, 2013

Movie_Moment Monday: The Help

The Help
 by Kathryn Stockett

My Foxy Summary: The Help 
This book is about the town Jackson Mississippi, and the colored help in white people's homes during the 1960's.  Skeeter a white girl who comes home from graduating from college is seeking to be a writer. She searches out a story that will start her career off. She notices how the white people treat the colored help and gets some of the colored help to tell her stories about how it is to work for the white people.

My Foxy Book Review: The Help
This book was a wonderful read. I thought racism was bad, but I didn't truly understand how bad it was. All of the characters in this book are well developed. Minnie was a favorite of mine. I suggest to read this book, you will laugh hard and your heart will be touched.
My foxy Rating is: 4.5 out of 5 foxes.
My book Movie rating is: PG 13

Book V.S. Movie: This is a draw. Both the movie and the book were amazing. The book has more details in the short stories, but the movie did a wonderful job projecting the idea of the book on the big screen.
The movie is rated PG-13 for language and racism. The movie was produced in 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment