Friday, April 26, 2013

Friday Friendly Visitor: Book Club

Friday Friendly Visitor is a weekly book review done by one of our reading friends.

Jeni's Visitor:
I host a book club for my daughters and their friends. They are 9 to 11 years old. This month they read The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey, #1) by Richard Paul Evans. 




From Goodreads: 
My name is Michael Vey, and the story I’m about to tell you is strange. Very strange. It’s my story.
To everyone at Meridian High School, Michael Vey is an ordinary fourteen-year-old. In fact, the only thing that seems to set him apart is the fact that he has Tourette’s syndrome. But Michael is anything but ordinary. Michael has special powers. Electric powers.

Michael thinks he's unique until he discovers that a cheerleader named Taylor also has special powers. With the help of Michael’s friend, Ostin, the three of them set out to discover how Michael and Taylor ended up this way, but their investigation brings them to the attention of a powerful group who wants to control the electric children – and through them the world. Michael will have to rely on his wits, powers, and friends if he’s to survive.


Here are their reviews.

Megan(11): I couldn't stop reading! I finished it in three days. I <3 this book. 
Avery(9): I loved this book!!! One Sunday I read for 4 hours to finish it. Thanks Richard Paul Evans.
Tessa(10): This book is a real page turner and nail-biter. It will get you reading late into the night. I strongly suggest to those who haven't read it to read it.  Michael Vey is so cool. I give 5 stars. Thanks Mr Evans. 
Sophie(10): I couldn't stop reading. It was an awesome book! I can't wait to read the second one. 
Hannah(9): Michael Vey is such a good book. You should read it. 
Kyra(11): I love Micahel Vey. Its become my favorite book. I can't wait to finish the second Rise of the Elgen.
Abby(11): Michael Vey is a fun, humorous and fast paced book. It keeps you up all night. It makes you feel good, and to have sympathy for the worst characters. It is full of trickery and fun.
Lizzie(10): I liked it and it was a could book. I couldn't stop reading.
Eliza(8): Michael Vey was a really fun book. My favorite character was Taylor.


Jeni: I also read the book so I could ask the girls questions about it at the book club meeting. I was a bit unsure if I would like it. I am not a fan of the Christmas Box but to my surprise it was fun to read.  



No comments:

Post a Comment