Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: That Left Me With My Mouth Hanging Open

Top Ten Tuesday List hosted by the Broke and the Bookish
Jeni's Picks

1. Blackviel (Green Rider #4) Kristen Britain: This was an awful cliff hanger, possibly the worst ever.  I just sat there at the end thinking, wow, I can't believe she left it like that.  Seriously, this author takes forever to write new books.  I might be old and gray before the next book comes out.

2. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I love her book, Before I fall that I couldn't wait to read Delirium. But WOW I absolutely hated the ending of this book.  I wanted to chuck it across the room when I was done.  I was happy to move on to something else.

3. Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins: I read this right when it came out and man I just hate cliff hangers when I know I have to wait a whole year for the follow up.  But still loved this series so it was worth the wait.

4. Breaking Dawn (Twilight #4) By Stephanie Meyer: This is a book where everything is perfectly resolved. I wanted more action and suspense instead I got a neat little ending.  I just thought wow I read four books and that's how it ended.

5. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner: This is a really good wow book.  The twist and turns in this story are so entertaining it kept me reading late into the night. I loved this whole series.

Emily's Picks

6. Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by JK Rowling: This book for me, was the turning point for Harry.  This is when you as a reader begin to see how Harry will handle the challenges of the return of He Who Must Not be Named. And you see how Harry shifts from just a child, to a hero.  Plus, someone good dies.  Seriously, dies. And how that death will affect everyone, good and bad.

7. Poison by Chris Wooding. Poison has a twist at the end that I loved and didn't see coming.  It made me want to read the book again, to find out how I could have missed it.  This author is smart.  I have loved every book I have read of his. This is a book I would  recommend. It is not your usual fairy tale.

8. City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments #1) by Cassandra Clare I  recently started reading this series again.  I forgot about the twist at the end.  Which could have ruined this series for me.  I did not like the twist at all.  But I love the idea behind the first three books, Vampires, Werewolves, Angels, Demons. Yes please.

9. Then There Were None (also printed as Ten Little Indians) By Agatha Christie. You can never go wrong reading Ms. Christie and the ending in this book will leave you gasping. The plot is well written, and most murder mysteries can't compare with this one.  This was the first book I read of hers and it is still my favorite.

10.  Ammie Come Home by Barbara Michaels.  I love ghost stories and this one does not disappoint.  I don't know if the ending was a gasp, but leading up to the ending, yes, gasps, hiding under my covers and leaving the lights on shivering, gasps. YEP.  This I think qualified.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with Catching Fire. I only OWN The Hunger Games and Catching Fire and I literally just sat there wondering....

    www.booknerdsjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete