Saturday, April 13, 2013

Super Six Saturday
Books I think are underrated.

  1. Flecks of Gold by Alicia Buck:  I bought this book at an Authorpalooza I attended with my niece.  It was a fun clean read.  Full of magic, action and romance.  Rating 4 1/2 foxes. 
  2. The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner:   My dad suggested I read this book and I'm glad he did.  Some people I have lent this to say it started slow but ended great.  I loved it from the beginning.  An interesting plot with a fantastic twist at the end.  The next three books in the series are even better.  I've heard she is writing a fifth and a sixth but no release dates have been posted.  Rating 5 foxes. 
  3. The Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson:  This book was recommend to me while I was waiting in line at a book signing.  I've heard this book described as a mix of Cinderella and The Little Mermaid.  A captivating story that was filled with fantasy, love and adventure.  Rating 4 foxes
  4. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken:  A beautifully written book that takes you on a magical  adventurous journey. The characters in this book are well written.  The love story was sweet and realistic.   I wish the author was writing a sequel.  Rating 5 foxes
  5. The Only Alien on the Planet  by Kristen Randle:  A girl in my neighborhood recommended this book to me.  I was skeptical at first.  I am not a lover of Alien novels but this book isn't actually about Aliens.  Thanks goodness.  It's a story about two friends joining together to help someone who has become isolated due to past experiences in his life.  A fascinating story that is well written.  A great choice for a book club read.  Rating 5 foxes. 
  6. Camille by Tess Oliver:  I love werewolf books and this one didn't disappoint.  The writing is engaging and the story fast paced. I t was an entertaining read.  Rating 3 1/2 foxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment