Books I think are underrated.
- Flecks of Gold by Alicia Buck: I bought this book at an Authorpalooza I attended with my niece. It was a fun clean read. Full of magic, action and romance. Rating 4 1/2 foxes.
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner: My dad suggested I read this book and I'm glad he did. Some people I have lent this to say it started slow but ended great. I loved it from the beginning. An interesting plot with a fantastic twist at the end. The next three books in the series are even better. I've heard she is writing a fifth and a sixth but no release dates have been posted. Rating 5 foxes.
- The Forbidden Sea by Sheila A. Nielson: This book was recommend to me while I was waiting in line at a book signing. I've heard this book described as a mix of Cinderella and The Little Mermaid. A captivating story that was filled with fantasy, love and adventure. Rating 4 foxes
- Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken: A beautifully written book that takes you on a magical adventurous journey. The characters in this book are well written. The love story was sweet and realistic. I wish the author was writing a sequel. Rating 5 foxes
- The Only Alien on the Planet by Kristen Randle: A girl in my neighborhood recommended this book to me. I was skeptical at first. I am not a lover of Alien novels but this book isn't actually about Aliens. Thanks goodness. It's a story about two friends joining together to help someone who has become isolated due to past experiences in his life. A fascinating story that is well written. A great choice for a book club read. Rating 5 foxes.
- Camille by Tess Oliver: I love werewolf books and this one didn't disappoint. The writing is engaging and the story fast paced. I t was an entertaining read. Rating 3 1/2 foxes.