Monday, April 29, 2013

Movie-Moment: My Sister's Keeper


My Sister's Keeper
By Jodi Picoult

My Foxy Summary: My Sister's Keeper.
At the age of thirteen, Anne has been in the hospital more than a 50 year old adult. One would think that she has a terrible illness, but that is the contrary. Her sister Katie has leukemia and  Anne was a perfect match for transfusions and other medical needs. 
Anne has become a lab rat for Kate and is fed up with it, so Anne hires a lawyer to fight for her rights to her body. 
Meanwhile, Katie's leukemia flares up again causing another need for a transplant. 
Will Anne win her rights for her body? Will Kate live? Will the family fall apart?

My Foxy Book Review: My Sister's Keeper
I loved this book. I know I say this a lot, but this book is one of my top 20 favorites. Jodi will make you cry, scream, laugh, and feel almost every human emotion. Jodi Picoult builds a realistic world. She gets you to question your values and beliefs. This book is a deep thinking book. You will see the struggle each member of the family goes through and a ripple effect that occurs as they play on each others feelings. 
Foxy book rating: 5 out 5 foxes. 
Book movie rating would be PG-13/R. There is heavy language  and adult content which some teens may not understand. 

Book V.S. Movie
The book paints a better picture of the raw emotions of each family members as they struggles with Katie having leukemia. In that sense the book wins leaps and bounds.
But, spoiler alert, the book ends much different than the movie. With that said I do love the ending of the movie a tiny bit more. All in all, if you like a conflicting drama, this book and movie will make it to your top 20.
The movie was Rated PG-13 and was released June 26, 2009.
Camille

No comments:

Post a Comment