Super Six Saturday.
I went out of town this weekend and forgot to post.
Favorite YA Chick Lit.
- The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. A perfect feel good chick lit book. Hilarious dialogue with laugh out loud moments. The romance was cute even a bit fluffy at times but I still enjoyed it. Rating: 5 foxes
- The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: I really like Sarah Dessen novels but this is my favorite. This book covers the topics of grief and self discovery. I like how Dessen delivers her message. It isn't dark and full of angst it's compelling and sweet. Definitely a thought provoking book. Rating 5 foxes
- Moonglass by Jessi Kirby: Another book on grief. A bittersweet story of a girl that is coming to terms with the loss of her mother. Along the way she repairs the relationship with her father, meets new friends and finds love. Ratings 4 foxes.
- My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick: I think I enjoyed this book because I come from a big family. The parts that talk about the Garret family seriously made me laugh. I kept thinking this is so my family. Rating 4 foxes.
- If I Stay by Gayle Forman: A heartbreaking but rewarding book to read. The topics of love, grief and hope are wonderfully written. I recommend this book all the time. Ratings 5 foxes.
- North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley: A beautifully written coming of age story dealing with self acceptance. The main character was relatable. I also have a port wine stain and remember going through some of the struggles she went through. I'm lucky my birthmark wasn't on my face but getting in a bathing suit was never easy for me. A great book to read for anyone that has ever doubted themselves. Rating 4 foxes